MaxPyDarkTheme – Dark Theme Python for 3Ds Max
If you’re right here, you probably have a good idea what the issue is. 3Ds Max’s Scripting Editor for Python language theme is WHITE, and it’s causing you some eye fatigue. This will change the color of the editor into dark theme as shown in the image above.
How to install:
- IMPORTANT! Close down all your 3Ds Max.
- Run a new 3Ds Max window as admin by : Start > type in “3ds max” > right click on the icon > “Run as administrator”
- Now, since you run 3Ds Max as admin, you can’t drag & drop the installer to the viewport.
- On the top menu, Scripting > Run Script…
- Choose [MaxPyDarkTheme_by_ManniiCode_x.xx.mzp] and then ‘Open’.
- Close down 3Ds Max, installation done, next, just run it normally.
- The script requires ‘Run as administrator’ because python.properties is located inside maxroot.
- The script is tested on 3Ds Max 2023, It’s highly recommended to use 2022.3 or later.
- If somehow things go wrong, the script makes a backup, and it’s called python_backup.properties.
- This Dark theme has been designed with a slightly different color scheme than DarkScintilla, making it easily distinguishable when switching between languages.
To restore the original settings, simply delete [C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2023\python.properties] and rename the “python_backup.properties” to “python.properties”.
Dark theme with all the colors that I want. Please feel free to adjust the color to what you want, I have some guide here in THIS LINK.